www.visataxes.com    Contact Us

Custom Search
The No 1 Non Resident Tax preparation Firm Trusted by thousands for International Student Taxes, F1 OPT H1B L1 E2 TN J1 visa taxes, Green Card Taxes, Living Abroad Taxes and Expatriate Taxes.

File IRS Tax Forms 1040NR, 1040NR EZ Software, Form 8843, Form 843, Form W-7, Form 2555, Form 1116 with Instructions.

We provide Expert Tax Consultation. Federal and State Tax Filing.

Buy Tax Service    

Form 1040NR EZ Software - Non Resident International Student Tax Software File Form 1040NR EZ, Form 8843

Our 'File Right' Guarantee.Save Taxes at www.VisaTaxes.com


Go Back   Form 1040NR Form 8843 Instructions - F1 OPT J1 Tax Refund Tax Back - H1B visa taxes, H4 Tax ID Number, J1 Taxes, L1 visa taxes, Form 1040NR Software, Form 843, International Student Tax Return > International Student Taxes -F1 H1B L1 J1 visa taxes - Form 1040NR Software - Non Resident Taxation > J1 Tax Return J1 Tax Exemption J1 Tax Refund J1 Tax Treaty J1 Tax Back Form 1040NR J1 Taxes

J1 Tax Return J1 Tax Exemption J1 Tax Refund J1 Tax Treaty J1 Tax Back Form 1040NR J1 Taxes J1, J2 Visa Taxes - J1 Tax Refund Exemption Tax Treaty J1 J2 Student, Researcher, Physician - J1 Tax back, J1 J2 tax exempt status India, china tax treaty benefits

  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Site Admin
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3
Default Form 8833

I'm having a slight problem filling the form 8833. I posted a question earlier regarding my situation (http://forum.visataxes.com/j1-tax-re...-question.html).

In brief, I'm a J1 Researcher trying to claim the withholding taxes back under the treaty benefit. I'm not quite sure what should I put in line 2 and line 4 of Form 8833. I really appreciate your help! Thank you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Site Admin
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,031
Default Form 1040NR and Form 8843 - J1 Researcher Tax Returns


"If federal income taxes were withheld, you need to file Form 1040NR, 8843 AND 8833 to present your case for the tax exemption."

So for your current period in J1 visa, you are not eligible for tax treaty benefits. But you can file form 8833 and put your case to the IRS.

We do not offer line by line help for questions in the forum. Please contact us at taxexpert@visataxes.com for a quote on our tax preparation services.

Hope it helps!

The No 1 Tax Preparation Service for Visa holders in US.

Save Taxes on H1B,OPT,F1 and other Visas.

Your questions answered for Free in the Tax Forum

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:56 AM.
visa taxes inc

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 visa taxes inc