www.visataxes.com    Contact Us

Custom Search
The No 1 Non Resident Tax preparation Firm Trusted by thousands for International Student Taxes, F1 OPT H1B L1 E2 TN J1 visa taxes, Green Card Taxes, Living Abroad Taxes and Expatriate Taxes.

File IRS Tax Forms 1040NR, 1040NR EZ Software, Form 8843, Form 843, Form W-7, Form 2555, Form 1116 with Instructions.

We provide Expert Tax Consultation. Federal and State Tax Filing.

Buy Tax Service    

Form 1040NR EZ Software - Non Resident International Student Tax Software File Form 1040NR EZ, Form 8843

Our 'File Right' Guarantee.Save Taxes at www.VisaTaxes.com


Go Back   Form 1040NR Form 8843 Instructions - F1 OPT J1 Tax Refund Tax Back - H1B visa taxes, H4 Tax ID Number, J1 Taxes, L1 visa taxes, Form 1040NR Software, Form 843, International Student Tax Return > International Student Taxes -F1 H1B L1 J1 visa taxes - Form 1040NR Software - Non Resident Taxation > Form 2555 - Foreign Earned Income Exclusion - Form 1116 - Expatriate Taxes - Green Card Taxes

Form 2555 - Foreign Earned Income Exclusion - Form 1116 - Expatriate Taxes - Green Card Taxes Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion - Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit - Foreign Housing Exclusion - Green Card Taxes - Tax Implications of Green card - Declare Worldwide Income - File United States Taxes Each year, even when you spend a lot of time outside the United States.

  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Site Admin
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,031
Default Green Card Taxation - Tax Form 8854 - Expatriate Tax Services

Green Card Taxation - Green Card Tax Form 8854 - Resident Aliens outside United States - Permanent Resident Taxes - Abandon Green Card Tax Implications - Expatriate Tax Services

If you have a green card, you are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. even if you live abroad. This means you are treated as a U.S. resident for U.S. income tax purposes and you are subject to U.S. tax on your worldwide income from whatever source derived.

Basic Permanent Resident - Green Card Tax Guide - Most Commonly asked Questions

Can I deduct my Green Card Legal Fee or Lawyer fee in my Form 1040 Tax Return?

The Answer is NO, as it is a personal expense, not related to work or business and cannot be deducted as a Tax Deduction in Form 1040.

Do I have to pay United States on my worldwide income if I am a Permanent Resident or Green Card holder?

Based on residency test (See Substantial Presence Test Calculator), if you are a Resident or a Permanent or Green Card Tax holder, you have to pay United States taxes on your world wide income, even if you live within or outside the united states.

Filing Form 2555 Foreign Earned Income Exclusion, Form 1116 Foreign Tax Credit, Tax Treaty between United States and your foreign country can avoid double taxation, and reduce the taxable income.

What are my tax obligations if I Surrender my Green Card or my US Permanent Resident status?

First you need to determine, if you are a Short Term (hold Green Card less than 8 years) or Long Term Green Card holder (8 years or more). If you are a short term green card holder, you need not file Form 8854. If you are a long term green card holder, you have to file Form 8854. Failure to file Form 8854, carries huge penalty.

If you are a Green Card and a permanent resident holder, and abandon your green card, you become an expatriate , read more on Expatriate Tax Services

We at www.visataxes.com specialize in filing world wide taxes on Greencard, Permanent resident taxes and claiming Foreign Earned Income Exclusion by Filing Form 2555.

If you have any questions, please Contact Us or post your questions in the Forum.

The No 1 Tax Preparation Service for Visa holders in US.

Save Taxes on H1B,OPT,F1 and other Visas.

Your questions answered for Free in the Tax Forum

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:54 AM.
visa taxes inc

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 visa taxes inc