www.visataxes.com    Contact Us

Custom Search
The No 1 Non Resident Tax preparation Firm Trusted by thousands for International Student Taxes, F1 OPT H1B L1 E2 TN J1 visa taxes, Green Card Taxes, Living Abroad Taxes and Expatriate Taxes.

File IRS Tax Forms 1040NR, 1040NR EZ Software, Form 8843, Form 843, Form W-7, Form 2555, Form 1116 with Instructions.

We provide Expert Tax Consultation. Federal and State Tax Filing.

Buy Tax Service Tax Expert: Mr.Sampath Kumar IRS Enrolled Agent, IRS Tax Advisor    

Form 1040NR EZ Software - Non Resident International Student Tax Software File Form 1040NR EZ, Form 8843

Our 'File Right' Guarantee.Save Taxes at www.VisaTaxes.com

Go Back   Form 1040NR Form 8843 Instructions - F1 OPT J1 Tax Refund Tax Back - H1B visa taxes, H4 Tax ID Number, J1 Taxes, L1 visa taxes, Form 1040NR Software, Form 843, International Student Tax Return > International Student Taxes -F1 H1B L1 J1 visa taxes - Form 1040NR Software - Non Resident Taxation > 1040NR Software Online - International Student Tax Software - File IRS Form 1040NR EZ, Form 8843

1040NR Software Online - International Student Tax Software - File IRS Form 1040NR EZ, Form 8843 1040NR Software - International Student Tax Software - Non Resident Alien Tax Software Instructions - File IRS Income Tax Form 1040NR-EZ and Form 8843,Mailing Address, Instructions 2007 Form 1040NR , 1040NR-EZ, Form 8843, Form 843, Form W-7 2007,Non Resident Tax Software,NR Tax Return etc. Form 843 Refund OPT Tax, Form W-7 ITIN NR Tax Software Online. How do I file Form 1040NR , 1040NR-EZ, Form 8843, Form 843 and W-7. Should I file Tax Form 1040NR or Form 1040, and Should I file 1040NR or 1040NR EZ. Discuss and get answers to file Form 1040NR EZ from the Tax Experts. File your NR Tax Forms right, for International Students and H1B,J1,F1 Visa Taxes.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default How to fill IRS Form W-8BEN Instructions for Non Resident Aliens, Foreign Nationals

• IRS Form W-8BEN and instructions
Step1
Determine that Form W-8BEN is an appropriate form for you to use. The form establishes that you are not a United States citizen or an owner or foreign partner receiving a beneficial share in the income for which Form W-8BEN is being provided. You also can use it to claim a tax exemption or reduced rate of taxation due to a tax treaty between the United States and your foreign country.

Step2
Review the list of filing circumstances at the top of Form W-8BEN that may require you to fill out and file a different form.

Step3
Provide your individual or organizational name and your country of incorporation on lines 1 and 2.

Step4
Check a single box on line 3 to indicate the individual, organizational or corporate form of the beneficial owner.

Step5
Provide your permanent address on line 4 and, if different, your mailing address on line 5. Do not use a P.O. box or an "in-care-of" address as a permanent address.

Step6
Fill out your taxpayer-identification number, your foreign tax-identifying number and any useful reference numbers that may assist the payer or withholding agent on lines 6, 7 and 8.

Step7
Fill in the applicable boxes on lines 9a through 9e to certify that you are eligible for tax-treat benefits as a resident of the foreign country that you name on line 9a.

Step8
Follow Form W-8BEN's instructions to provide any additional information that applies to you and explanations on line 10.

Step9
Check the box on line 11, and attach the appropriate statement if there are notional-principal contracts producing income that is not effectively connected with a business or trade conducted in the United States.

Step10
Sign and date the form, and file it with the withholding agent or payer of income.

Hope this helps!

Save Taxes on H1B,OPT,F1,J1,L1 and other visas.

Apply for Non Resident Tax Forms 1040NR,1040NR-EZ, Form 8843, Form 843 and Non Resident State Tax Forms like Form 540NR.

Visit http://www.VisaTaxes.com

Your questions answered for Free in the Tax Forum

http://forum.VisaTaxes.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.us
Old 05-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Site Admin

Question W-8BEN form required by the bank

I am Canadian and live in the US with a TD visa. The bank sent me a W-8BEN to decide the witholdings on my saving account interest. I do not work (the visa does not allow me to), the money I have in that account is from my husband's employment income (TN VISA). My husband pays his taxes and I applied for ITIN (I knew this little interest could be taken as an income) but it was denied because "there is not a valid reason under the TN visa guidelines to need a ITIN).

Could you give me an idea of what is happening? Should we close that account and open one on my husband's name to make things easier and simpler?

The amount of interest is not worthy of any additional paperwork or trouble.

I would appreciate your help finding out what all this means.

macon98

Last edited by macon98; 05-17-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Site Admin

Default W-8BEN Can Be Ignored

If the interest is less than $10, you can ignore the W-8BEN, in which case the bank will withholding 30% of the interest. You will get it back when your husband files his tax return (assuming you file jointly with him).

If you will be filing jointly with your husband, then you are considered to be a resident alien. Once a joint return is filed, tell the bank and have them send you a W-9 instead of the W-8BEN, and claim exemption from withholding.

Save Taxes on H-1B, OPT, F-1, J-1, L-1 and other visas.

Apply for Non Resident Tax Forms 1040NR,1040NR-EZ, Form 8843 and Form 843, plus ALL state tax returns!

The No 1 Non Resident Tax Preparation Firm, trusted by thousands of F1, J1, H1B other visa holders in US.

Ask us about our 10% Refer a Friend Tax Discount
Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Site Admin

Default I am an F1 student earning from online

I am currently in US as a non resident alien on F1 status.I want to know which form should I use?W8 or W9 form?
And while filling W8 form please guide me on no.2 and no.9 items
Old 12-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Site Admin

Default Form W-8BEN

You should complete Form W-8BEN.

Boxes #1, 4, 5, 6, 7 - self-explanatory

Box #2: Put your home country.

Box #3: Check "Individual".

Box #10. Put ZERO percent of withholding. In "Explain reasons...", state "Per IRS Pub 519, as a non-resident alien under Visa F-1, I am exempt from taxation on all bank interest."

Apply for Non Resident Tax Forms 1040NR,1040NR-EZ, Form 8843 and Form 843, plus ALL state tax returns!

The No 1 Non Resident Tax Preparation Firm, trusted by thousands of F1, J1, H1B other visa holders in US.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Site Admin

Red face PLEASE HELP! need to fill for Zecco Trading

Hi,
Im trying to fill the w-8BEN form, I am JORDANIAN, living and working in Saudi Arabia, so I'm a non-resident Alien.

1) what country should I write in field #2 ?? jordan or Saudi arabia?

2) Should I tick anything from part III ?
I dont think there's a tax treaty between the US and Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

3) what is field #11??? notional principal contracts. if I tick it, what should I provide as written in it??

4) capacity in which acting???

THANKS A LOT. your detailed answer is appreciated.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Site Admin

Default W-8BEN Assistance

1) Put Jordan; that is your home country.

2) Leave Part II blank, as there are NO tax treaties between the U.S. and Jordan or Saudi Arabia.

3 & 4) I cannot address these issues until you tell me WHY you are filling out the W-8BEN.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Site Admin

Question W-8BEN for Fulbright Grantee

Will you please to provide with the instructions on filling in this form?
I am a Fulbright grantee from Russia and need to submit this form to their office.
I am going to ask of the each point to be sure I won't do any mistake.

Part 1. 1 My first name and last name ?
2. Russia ?
3. Individual ?
4. Is this the adress in Russia or in the US?
5. The same
6. I've just obtained SSN. Should I put it here?
7. In Russia we have Induvudual Identification Number - should I put it here?
8. What is the reference number?

Part 2.
9 a Russia?
b +?
c ?
d ?
e ?

10 ????

Part 3
11 ?

Thanks a lot for your help
Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Site Admin

Default Assistance

1-3) Yes

4-5) Address in the United States.

6-7) Yes

I cannot answer the rest until I know WHY you are completing the Form W-8BEN.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:07 AM
Site Admin

Default W8BEN for nonresident living abroad

Hi, I need to fill out the W8BEN form for my broker -- I am a UK citizen, living and working in New Zealand which is where I pay my taxes. I have a two year work visa here.

So my question is, in section 9a, am I a resident of New Zealand, or the UK? This was a very simple process for me a year ago when I was still living in the UK, but now I'm in New Zealand I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks

Last edited by Nickkk; 01-20-2010 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Adding title